Link to Class 6 Class 5 Class 4 Class 1
- Handout and discussion of Assessment 2 – Logo Design
- Time to work on Assessment 2
Design 2 Logo concepts for a business called UCV (United Creative Victoria) an imaginary organisation for Designers of different disciplines of Victoria.
22/April 2013 – 5:30pm
Please read all the instructions carefully before completing the assessment task.
Design 2 Logo concepts for a business called UCV (United Creative Victoria) an imaginary organisation for Designers of different disciplines of Victoria.UCV will be located in Victoria Street, Carlton and will hold events for Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design and showcase some local Craft, from jewellery to small artefacts. UCV has a global outlook and would like a design for their logo that is modern and timeless. They would like you to base your concepts on Calibri or Bauhaus 93. Combine the type with a symbol.
- Write a list of information about your client. What do you know about UCV?
- Brainstorm the terms: global outlook, modern and timeless. What do they mean? How could that be described visually? Collect your ideas in form of a mindmap or brainstorm.
- Sketch concepts for your logo on a minimum of 6 A4 pages (3 A4 pages per typeface). Draw symbols and icons that you could use as inside shapes to cut out of the main letter shapes. Scan your pages.
- Select your strongest ideas of your sketches and develop them in Adobe Illustrator. Have 3 versions per concept. Present each concept on an A4 pages (a page for each typeface).
Upload the file on MyKangan. Thank you!
Posted in Cert IV PGA, Illustrator, Typography
- Tagged Class of Federico, CS5, Dafont, Federico Viola, hotblack, How to Download a Font, How to Install a Font, Install a Font in Windows 7, Install Font in Mac OS, logo design, morgueFile, Never Stop Learning, RAE, Research and Exploration, Typography, www.dafont.com