- Word Meanings: Look at tasks from last class and homework
- Read the attached file About Type from Designing with Type, C.Foster, I.K.Scala, 2010:
- Type Tool (T),
- Character Panel (Ctrl+T),
- Outline Text (Shift+Ctrl+O),
- Alignment and Distribution (Shift+F7) and
- Pathfinder (Shift +Ctrl + F9)
- Practice the tools above
We will commence by looking at the homework from last class. Please open it up on your computers and be ready to speak about it for 2-5mins.
I am very interested in looking at your word creations, particularly your own word and meaning.
Read the attached document ‘About Type’ from Designing with Type, C.Foster, I.K.Scala, 2010:g
Think about a typeface suitable for a Ladies’ Cosmetics brand, in the higher price bracket and prestigious. What typeface/fonts can you think of?
Find a typeface that suits:
- Ladies’ Cosmetics brand, in the higher price bracket and prestigious
- Sport clothing brand for ball sports, to be used on shirts, pants, socks and shoes
- Brand of healthy food products from sustainable ethical plantations with a fair trade commitment
Revisiting Tools and Functions:
Open Illustrator at A4 with a landscape orientation and 4 art boards. Copy the words that your teacher writes and play with them as suggested.